Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saturday at Pittsburgh Thrift Stores: Pink Champagne, Toy Soldier, and Paris



I think that everyone loves the thrill of the hunt or of finding something unique.  I love thrifting to find vintage clothes, fashion coffee table books, home accessories, and furniture. 

My brother Luke and I went to some of our favorite Pittsburgh thrift stores and antique malls yesterday.  

 It was shockingly warm for January.  I wore a comfortable but pulled together jeans and t-shirt outfit. 

Jeggings: American Eagle; T-shirt: Topshop UK; Vest: Vintage fur coat tailored to become a vest; Belt and Ballet Flats: J Crew; Necklace: From Washington DC Flea Market; Watch and Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs

I wasn't in the mood to look through racks of clothes, so I concentrated on looking for home accents.  I found this bar advertising light from the 1970's.  It had a pink bulb inside, but I had to replace it with a regular lightbulb. 
 It makes for a great nightlight by my rolling bar cart. 
 I also bought this little British soldier for the bar. 
 My best find was probably this art piece.  It doesn't photograph very well, but it is a mirrored and chrome image of Paris, probably from the late 1970's. 

 I hung it by my couch and think that it works with the rest of my black/white/mirrored accents. 
I think these totally unnecessary but truly glamorous items are what make a house or apartment special.

Laura x 






No comments:

Post a Comment