Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In the Pittsburgh Snow with a Ukranian Flair

 I have always been drawn to the style of old photographs.  Seeing my grandparents' pictures from their youth is always an inspiration.  Their styles couldn't have been more different: My Dad's settled in America after immigrating from Europe and My Mom's are Ukranian war refugees.  Because photography used to be for special occassions, the images are of them in their Sunday best. 

Hat: Reiss (English brand); Jacket: Vintage; T-Shirt: Topshop; Jeans: American Eagle; Boots: J Crew
I always loved my Baba's winter style: flat black boots and a big fur hat or coat. 
Watch: Nike
 I have found some vintage furs over time and have some from my family.  They aren't for everyone, but I love to wear something with a connection to the past. 
Nail Polish: Green-Hard Candy; Ring: family heirloom

A glam mix of old and new and fancy and casual. 

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment