Tuesday, March 12, 2013

5 Ways to Wear a Silk Scarf


Missoni
Missoni


One of my favorite things about spring and summer is using my silk scarves as hair accessories.  Scarves are a super accessible item and come in every color and pattern imaginable.  I recommend square shaped ones or thin rectangular ones.  Look for scarves that are silk and have unique details.  Vintage stores and thrift shops are a great place to look. 



Vintage Echo
 This style is one of the easiest to do, just tie under the back of your head. 



This is another Missoni scarf.  They are a great Italian brand.  The wild colors and patterns are the perfect pop to any outfit. 


Louis Vuitton
Or you can tie the scarf under your hair.  This is especially good when the scarf is close to your own hair color.  Thanks for this one Mom!
 Keep your makeup simple with these looks.  A bright lipstick is just enough. 

Vintage scarf: Make unknown
This is probably the most daring/out there of the looks.  I usually keep my hair like this when I am outside on my deck or at the pool in the summer.  I don't like my hair to get lighter from the sun, so I try and keep it covered with a scarf or baseball hat. 
Plus this secretly makes me feel like Elizabeth Taylor in a glamorous convertible.  (I wish!).

Try one of these looks for spring, it is a great way to disguise a "bad hair day." 
 
Laura x 

No comments:

Post a Comment