Thursday, August 8, 2013

Why I Love Hipsters: White and Black in Ithaca

Shirt: GAP; Jeans: American Eagle; Sandals: Zara; Necklaces (one worn as bracelet): J Crew; Purse: Louis Vuitton; Scarf: Vintage Valentino
I half-joke that I love hipsters and last weekend in Ithaca confirmed why: I grew up surrounded by the original hipsters!  Ithaca was a great place to grow up.  It wasn't until I went away to college that I realized that cultural diversity and integration is not the norm and tie dye isn't de rigueur. 
I wore this outfit going to antique stores with my Mom and the disheveled look with heirloom pieces fit right in.  We definitely did not have "fast fashion" in Ithaca and they still don't.  

Keys to my take on the hipster look: (1) something with holes in it; (2) jewelry worn in unique ways aka wearing a necklace as a bracelet; (3) scarf tied on your bag....you never know when you might stumble upon a festival and need a hippy accessory. 

Another great find by my Mom: vintage Valentino scarf with trademark red accents.  This scarf is huge and will also be great as a belt. 
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment