Monday, June 24, 2013

How to Stretch Your Wardrobe: Dress as a Skirt

Shirt: Ann Taylor; Dress (as skirt) Anthropologie; Belt and Bracelet: J Crew; Shoes: Nine West; Earrings: Vivienne Westwood
I find blogging to be a fun and creative escape, but unfortunately it comes last on my list of work, family, friends, professional activities etc.  I am looking forward to blogging more regularly as the summer continues. 

This outfit is an example of how summer office dressing can be so challenging.  I swear everything in the stores now looks beach ready! This skirt is really a dress which is too low-cut for work which I modified with a tucked under black t-shirt and my favorite belt.  I really need a thicker leopard one and a zebra version! Knowing how to layer the clothes you have is a great way to maximize what you already have.

I love cage-style shoes because of their stability and added texture and design.  These were a recent buy which I think I will be wearing a lot. 
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment