Thursday, June 6, 2013

Haul from London's Oxford Circus

I spent my first day in London hitting the shops of Oxford Circus, London's main high street.  I found a couple basics with an edge which I hope will easily lend themselves to things that I already have. 

Shirt: Topshop
This is my favorite find and something I should have bought in multiple colors.  The shirt's light cotton drapes and folds to add some visual interest to what could be a very boring shirt.  

All Saints Spitafields
I couldn't pass up this shirt: leopard print and a grey hoodie = my two favorite things.  It is All Saints Spitafields which I purchased at Selfridges.

Zara
This shell is white faux leather with mesh details on the sides and back.  I think I will wear it quite a bit with jeans and a blazer.  With a tan, it will be a softer way to wear "leather" in the summer. 
 I also purchased some cool cosmetics. 

I am excited to try each of these nail polishes.  The red one is a leather effect polish, I have the black version (http://theglamorouspursit.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/leather-effect-nail-polishskulls.html).  The other is designed to look like feathers. 
I have needed to stock-up on my Chanel pressed powder which they don't seem to stock in the States. 
I bought this poster from the Transport Museum.  I thought that the muted colors were beautiful.  I can't wait to have it framed.  

 Macaroons from Lauderee Paris and their packaging were too beautiful to pass up. 
Finally, I got a wicker hamper from the veritable Fortum and Mason (photos of the store to come).   I think that I will use it to decorate in my kitchen and pretend that I take picnics to the park. 

 Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment